Hot Tub Guidelines for River Valley Country Park in Cornwall
To ensure the health and safety of all our guests, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines when using our hot tubs;
- Use the toilet before entering the hot tub.
- Shower before entering the hot tub- This will remove sweat, oils, creams, sun lotion etc which will seriously affect the water quality and efficiency of our sanitising chemicals and filtration system if not removed.
- Please take care when entering and exiting the hot tub- The area around the hot tub may become slippery.
- Shower after using the hot tub- This will remove any sanitisation chemicals from your skin and swimwear.
- Respect your neighbours- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Contact our staff if the hot tub has been contaminated or if you have any concerns regarding your hot tub.
- Leave children unattended when they are in the hot tub or when the cover has been removed. Children under 4yrs are not permitted in the hot tub.
- Exceed 15 minutes immersion at any one time- extended use can cause skin irritation, dizziness and fainting. Do not continue to use the hot tub if you feel unwell or experience breathing problems.
- Exceed the maximum number of people that the hot tub is designed for.
- Immerse your head or swallow the water- This can increase the risk of infection and hair entrapment.
- Change nappies at the side of the hot tub.
- Wash or wear wetsuits in the hot tub- They can carry bacteria.
- Add anything to the hot tub- Bubble bath, shampoo, gels, salts etc as this will seriously affect the water quality and efficiency of our sanitising chemicals and filtration system.
- Use glassware near the hot tub- Use the plastic glasses provided.
- Use electrical equipment in the vicinity of the hot tub.
- Use goggles or inflatable equipment.
- Leave the hot tub uncovered when not in use- This will help to maintain the heat, avoid contaminants entering the water and minimise the risk of accidental drowning.
- Lie, stand or sit on the hot tub lid- They are not designed to support a person’s weight.
- Allow pets to enter the hot tub.
You should not use the hot tub if you;
- Are pregnant
- Suffer from one or more of the following conditions and have not consulted your doctor: obesity, a history of heart disease, high or low blood pressure, circulatory system problems, diabetes, infectious diseases or immune deficiency syndromes.
- Have any skin conditions, are subject to fits, or taking drugs affecting the cardiovascular or nervous system.
- Have an allergy to bromine or chlorine- We use these to sanitise the hot tub and an allergy to these chemicals may cause a skin irritation.
- Have experienced any kind of stomach upset in the last 14 days.
- If you have just eaten a heavy meal or whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If the temperature exceeds 40 °C.
- If there is thunder or lightning.