Accessibility Guide for River Valley Country Park
Here at River Valley we want all of our customers to have a comfortable and relaxing holiday with us, along with the best possible access to all that we have to offer. We hope that you will find the following information useful and that this will help to make your stay with us even more enjoyable.
- River Valley Country Park is a completely level park with one unit of accommodation set on a hillside at a higher level. We have lodges (some with hot tubs on the decking) and caravans for everyone. Furniture in some of our accommodation can be moved if necessary to enable you to have more space. All caravan holiday homes and lodges on the park are accessible by 3-5 steps all of which have parking alongside the accommodation. For confirmation of number of steps, please ask the park on booking.
- There is a 10mph speed limit throughout the park. There is a car park adjacent to reception, which can be used as a drop off point for convenience.
- Our park shop provides a small range of basic goods and reception (open 8.30am-5.00pm) is accessible by four wide wooden steps or a wide ramp for wheelchair access. Once in the reception and shop, everything is on ground level. When reception is closed the main house is next door, there are no steps. Park wardens are available and emergency numbers are listed in your Welcome Pack on arrival.
- There is a takeaway van available on the park once a week. Details are available on the black board outside reception. We can also take delivery of groceries on your behalf.
- Colour schemes throughout all accommodation and park buildings have been designed to provide a good contrast between floors, walls and doorways. The public buildings and park area have signs.
- All toilet and shower blocks on the park are on ground level with one small step for access. We have one purposely built disabled access shower and toilet available in the toilet block behind the launderette near reception. This is accessed by a ramp.
- Wheelchairs are not currently available to hire from the park, however we are happy to accept delivery of such provisions on your behalf. Red Cross in Truro on 0845 331 3331 hire wheelchairs and other equipment and will deliver.
- Mobile phone coverage for Vodafone and Orange networks is limited on the park. A pay phone is available near reception. Please contact Reception in an emergency.
- The nearest train station is in Penzance which is 5.5 miles away. The local firm ‘Jolly Rogers – 01736 711128, has access to a people carrier with wheelchair access.There is a bus service that runs from the park entrance, at the top of the lane twice a day, however we would suggest that a taxi would be more convenient. Upon your arrival, we can assist you with your luggage.
- Assistance Dogs are very welcome and at no extra charge, however we do ask that both Assistance Dogs and dogs staying with families are exercised off of the park. There are numerous access points to the stream side along the park where you are free to walk your dog.
- All managerial staff on the park are there to help. If you feel you need help at anytime, please request assistance with any member of staff.