Accessibility Guide for River Valley Country Park
Here at River Valley we want all of our customers to have a comfortable and relaxing holiday with us, along with the best possible access to all that we have to offer. We hope that you will find the following accessibility guides useful. All of our staff are there to help. If you need help at anytime, please request assistance from any member of staff.
- River Valley Country Park is a completely level park with one unit of accommodation set on a hillside at a higher level. We have lodges (some with hot tubs on the decking) and caravans for everyone.
- All holiday caravans and lodges on the park are accessible by 3-5 steps all of which have parking alongside the accommodation. For confirmation of number of steps, please ask the park on booking.
- There is a 5mph speed limit throughout the park. There is a car park adjacent to reception, which can be used as a drop off point for convenience.
- Our reception is accessible by four wide wooden steps or a wide ramp for wheelchair access. Once in reception everything is on ground level. When reception is closed the main house is next door, there are no steps. Park wardens are available and emergency numbers are listed in your Welcome magazine on arrival.
- There is a takeaway van available on the park once a week. Details are available on the black board outside reception.
- Colour schemes throughout all accommodation and park buildings have been designed to provide a good contrast between floors, walls and doorways. The public buildings and park area have signs. Furniture can be removed in some of our accommodation to give extra space if needed.
- We have one purposely built disabled access shower and toilet available in the toilet block behind the launderette near reception. This is accessed by a ramp.
- Wheelchairs are not currently available to hire from the park, however we are happy to accept delivery of such provisions on your behalf. HSC Mobility Ltd- 01736 755927 can supply a variety of disability equipment. We will gladly accept grocery deliveries on your behalf.
- Mobile phone coverage for all networks is limited on the park. A pay phone is available near Reception. Please contact Reception in an emergency.
- The nearest train station is in Penzance which is approximately 5.5 miles away. The local firm ‘Jolly Rogers – 01736 711128, has access to a people carrier with wheelchair access.There is a bus service that runs from the park entrance, at the top of the lane twice a day, however we would suggest that a taxi would be more convenient. Upon your arrival, we will be happy to help you with your luggage.
- Assistance Dogs are very welcome and at no extra charge, however we do ask that both Assistance Dogs and dogs staying with families are exercised off of the park. There are numerous access points to the stream side where you are free to walk your dogs.
- All managerial staff on the park are there to help. If you feel you need help at anytime, please request assistance with any member of staff.